Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Clients say the darndest things

In real life (ie: when I'm not updating this blog of silliness), I'm a freelance technical writer. This means I've had to deal with clients and their bizarre demands. Most of the time, the clients are reasonable human beings with reasonable requests.

But every once in a while, when the moon is the colour of sackcloth and dogs and cats are living together, a client will make the most UNreasonable of requests, which makes me think they really need to take a walk and clear their head. For an hour. Or 10.


This is why Clients From Hell amuses me so much because I KNOW that these are actual, real statements made by clients every single day. There's something about being the guy who signs the check that makes you go a little crazy.

A few years ago, I told a client I was about to go on a one week camping trip in Ontario and she responded with "You can't leave! Our deadline is this coming week and it's an  i! I need you to stay and finish your work!" So I canceled part of my trip to finish my work and the "immovable" deadline got pushed back by a month anyways. So now, when I'm going on my annual 1 week camping trip, I tell my clients I'm going to Spain. Somehow, they never argue with Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment